Startupbootcamp InsurTech the leading accelerator focused on insurance, held its first Demo Day for the 10 selected Insurtech startups on 14th April. The first of its kind in London, the Demo Day themed ‘’Eruption’’ was held at Spitalfields venue in Shoreditch provided the startups the opportunity to pitch their ideas to over 400 angel investors, venture capitalists, industry specialists and corporates looking for investment options and partnerships.
The 10 startups were selected from over 250+ applicants across 15 countries, to be part of the three month programme. Throughout the programme the startups collaborated with partners, mentors, business experts and investors, to help build world class InsurTech products to transform the insurance industry. All of the startups’ pitch decks along with the companies’ contact details can be found in the Demo Day’s microsite: http://rla.to/0xm1a .
The 10 startups that pitched were:
- BimaAfya, is a mobile micro health insurance product for the low income and underserved African population
- Buzzmove, a data company, an online price comparison and booking platform for the removals industry and to personalise home insurance
- Covi Analytics, allows insurers to simplify the management of their entire regulatory compliance process on a single platform
- Domotz InsurTech, is a provider of innovative Telematics solutions for the connected home and small business P&C insurance market
- FitSense, helps health and life insurance companies provide better insurance by using data from wearable devices
- massUp, offers an insurance API and transaction shop for small protection insurance to B2B partners.
- Myfuturenow, combines old pension plans into one low cost online account helping people to take control of the planning of their future
- Quantifyle, enables you to use your wellbeing data from wearables and private records to earn tailored and better priced insurance.
- Rightindem, is a self-service total loss claims platform that reduces insurers’ workload & leakage and improves customer service.
- Spixii formerly known as Safer, helps people to know their risks and choose adequate insurance cover.
Sabine VanderLinden states “We were so happy to host the first ever London Demo Day for Insurtech and were hugely impressed that we had an audience of over 400 people in attendance, which further highlighted how important innovation is needed within the insurance sector. It was great to see all the hard work over the past three months had paid off for all startups as their pitches were excellent and hopefully this is the start of an incredible journey for them all. I’m also very proud to have worked with all the people involved and I want to thank all the startups, partners, mentors and teams in creating such a memorable event and one we hope to replicate next year”