Paladyne Systems, Inc., a Broadridge Company (NYSE:BR) and leading provider of next generation investment management solutions, today announced a new release of Paladyne Portfolio Master™, its combined order management and portfolio management solution. Paladyne Portfolio Master 8.0 introduces advanced front-, middle-, and back-office functionality for hedge funds and asset managers.
“Our commitment to continual innovation of our technology and products to meet the rapidly evolving needs of our clients is reflected in the release of Paladyne Portfolio Master 8.0,” said Sameer Shalaby, President, Paladyne Systems. ”Hedge funds and asset managers require sophisticated and proven institutional-grade solutions. Building on our already comprehensive suite of services, these new features will help managers measure true profitability, create a seamless straight-through workflow, minimize middle- and back-office costs, and meet new regulatory and reporting requirements, all within a single integrated, hosted solution.”
Launched in 2008 as the industry’s first combined OMS and PMS solution, Paladyne Portfolio Master now supports significant market share with over 200 hedge fund and asset managers globally. Paladyne’s integrated front-, middle- and back-office platform includes order management, portfolio management, reference data management, data warehouse reporting and reconciliation, and is complemented by the Paladyne Network™, which is comprised of a number of preferred strategic partnerships with leading software and market data firms, including hosting services and tight integration with Advent’s Geneva® and other leading portfolio accounting applications.
Highlights of Paladyne Portfolio Master’s new functionality include:
- Borrow Fee Manager: As a complement to a successful launch of Paladyne’s Short Availability Manager in 2010, which provides automated pre-trade stock locates, Borrow Fee Manager automates the calculation and tracking of post-trade borrow costs and allocates these costs directly to the short positions and related strategies for more accurate profit and loss reporting.
- UCITS Compliance: The UCITS Compliance Module provides a standard library of rules for UCITS funds covering all areas including concentrations, counterparty exposure, acceptable assets, and control thresholds. The UCITS rules can be applied both on a pre- and post-trade basis and may run in real-time with up-to-the second positions including working orders as well as live pricing to help provide maximum protection against compliance breaches.
- Modeling and OTC Valuation Enhancements: The modeling and valuation tools have been expanded to include additional model libraries, enhanced sensitivity analysis, and more seamless real-time access to market data (including curves, volatilities and spreads). It is now easier than ever to monitor real-time value, exposure and sensitivities across a complex portfolio.
- Omgeo CTM™: Paladyne has integrated with Omgeo's flagship CTM service for electronic matching of orders and confirmation of allocations. This integration is part of a broader initiative to introduce seamless straight-through workflow across a full range of asset classes in an effort to minimize trade-related errors and reduce operating costs for clients. This integration also connects to a trade matching gateway, which will include adapters for OTC trade affirmations due to become regulatory requirements.
- Expanded Algo integration and FIX broker network: Paladyne has expanded its integration with all popular Algos offered by all top investment banks. In addition, Paladyne has continued to expand its FIX broker network connectivity by adding over 200 more global brokers.
- Broader market data integration: Paladyne has expanded its integration and hosting of third-party market data vendors. This enables fund managers to access the relevant market data in real-time across their entire portfolio.
Paladyne continues to invest in infrastructure and has expanded its SAS 70 Level II certified-ASP hosting services across the suite of products. Paladyne’s hosting facilities now include Asia Pacific with a Hong Kong data center, in addition to centers in the US and Europe, providing clients with highly available, redundant and low-latency solutions based on their physical presence.