Tullett Prebon has been named the inaugural Interdealer Broker of the Year at the Futures and Options World International Awards 2012
The awards, which celebrate innovation in the derivatives industry, were judged by an independent panel of market advisers and consultants and this year featured an interdealer broker category for the first time. The results were announced at a ceremony in London last night.
The judges highlighted a number of factors contributing to their decision including:
- Tullett Prebon's recent gains in market share in existing and electronic hybrid offerings, in particular with respect to the Asian and Chinese markets;
- The consolidation of and increased leading position in the global power markets;
- The innovative launches of tpSWAPDEAL, tpMATCH NDF and tpSPOTDEAL;
- The successful acquisitions of Convencao and Chapdelaine & Co in the Americas;
- The "strong innovation" displayed by the Tullett Prebon Alternative Investments team; and
- The notable strides made in increasing market transparency by Tullett Prebon Information.
Tullett Prebon's success builds upon its strong performance in the recent Risk Magazine 2012 Annual Interdealer Rankings in which the business was named the overall number one interdealer broker, dominating 15 out of 24 FX categories as well as performing strongly in the Interest Rates and Credit categories, with 14 and 7 number one rankings respectively.
Last month, Tullett Prebon was also named Best Broker for Forwards FX for the 12th year running and Best Broker for Currency Options for a second consecutive year in the annual FX Week Best Banks Awards.
Commenting Angus Wink, Chief Executive Office of EMEA at Tullett Prebon, said: "We're delighted to be named as Futures and Options World's inaugural Interdealer Broker of the Year. The win is testament to the success of our hybrid approach to broking, the evolution of which has allowed us to continue delivering a first class service to our clients despite challenging macro-economic conditions.
"This approach combined with the launch of several innovative new products and a growing commitment to providing market transparency through our Tullett Prebon Information business has ensured we're well-placed to meet our client's needs. The fact this has once again been recognised by the industry is something as a business we're extremely proud of."
Commenting John Abularrage, Chief Executive Officer and President the Americas at Tullett Prebon, said: "Winning this award is recognition for the strength of our business across the globe. It's fantastic to see our recent acquisition of Convencao and Chapdelaine & Co highlighted by the judges, as we continue to strengthen both our geographic footprint and product offering to meet our client's needs in a shifting macro-economic environment."