Advent’s Geneva® 8.5 Empowers Global Hedge Fund Industry with Integrated Front- and Middle-Office Capabilities
San Francisco, CA & London - 24 May 2011
New Release Addresses Increasing Hedge Fund and Private Equity Convergence and Delivers Benefits of Advent’s Award-Winning Global Portfolio Management and Fund Accounting Solution to New Market Segments.
Advent Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADVS), a leading provider of software and services for the global investment management industry, today unveiled a major new release of Geneva®, Advent’s award-winning global portfolio management and fund accounting solution. With the 8.5 enhancements, Geneva is one of the only solutions available that provides portfolio through fund and investor-level accounting on a single platform and extends the product’s portfolio management functionality into the front- and middle-office, making it a compelling offer for alternative investment firms worldwide.
Geneva® 8.5 includes integrated solutions that meet the needs of new market segments, including family offices, private equity firms and fund-of-funds, and are available on a single platform to help simplify operations and reduce total cost of ownership. By extending capabilities into the front-office, Geneva® makes real-time data accessible to traders and portfolio managers, providing increased transparency and enabling informed investment decisions.
Key enhancements to Geneva® include:
• Real-time P&L and exposure views that allow firms to make important, strategic business decisions without delay
• Simplified tools to easily build, customize, and deploy dashboards and reports
• Unparalleled data access and the ability to deliver exceptional client service using industry-standard reporting tools
• Private equity support, including capital commitment and call processing, waterfall calculations and capital distributions, which enable firms to increase their diversification of funds
• n-Tier fund structure support, to make it easier to set-up and manage complicated, multi-tiered fund structures
• Fully integrated investment and investor accounting support on a single platform, which lowers total cost of ownership by reducing operational overhead typically required to maintain and integrate disparate systems
“We see an increasing convergence between private equity and hedge funds, with more managers offering both types of investment structures,” said Bob Schwartz, chief technology officer, GlobeOp Financial Services. “Our technology platform is both a distinct competitive advantage and a source of confidence for our clients. As the only industry accounting product that facilitates investor statements that reflect both hedge fund and equity investments, Geneva 8.5 can play an important role as we support our clients’ changing needs.”
“We simplify the processing and management of complex assets so firms can stay focused on making the best investment decisions for their clients,” said Todd Gottula, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Global Accounts at Advent. “Geneva 8.5 is another milestone in our ongoing effort to develop and deliver a complete portfolio management solution to help professionals at every level, at all types of firms, be successful.”