So as well as analysing risk, performance and other quantitative measures, you also need to organize and record the meetings and contacts with managers, share your thoughts and ideas with colleagues, and keep control of all the correspondence.
As demands grow, more and more information has to be processed, for both internal and external consumption.
This may mean that your managers and analysts are spending more time collecting and collating data, and perhaps less time than they would like providing value added analysis. Spreadsheets are often used to hold important data, both numeric and textual, leading to potential concerns over controls and maintainability.
AlphaPoint is a new solution for Multi Managers to help address these issues. Based on Microsoft’s latest technology, AlphaPoint:
• Automates and consolidates inputs from custodians, market information vendors and specialist analytical systems
• Incorporates proprietary and industry standard analytics
• Allows integration of details of meetings, contacts, commentary and documents
• Enables greater collaboration and consistency between analysts
• Provides workflow to ensure smooth operations and properly audited processes
• Reduces the need to manually collate data into spreadsheets
• Provides reporting and analysis via Web portals, Microsoft Office and ad hoc queries and data visualisation, as well as high quality reports.
Paul Smith, Chief Executive of Alpha Analytic, says “AlphaPoint is the mechanism for bringing together all the information which is currently held across a variety of third party accounting and analytic systems, spreadsheets, Access databases, mail servers and network directories. For those who find it difficult to imagine life without their spreadsheets, it even allows these to be properly managed and controlled through deployment on the server and distribution via a browser.”
The system is flexible and scalable, and can support all sizes and flavours of multi manager, whether Fund of Funds or Manager of Managers, and whatever proprietary methods or processes need to be employed to gain a competitive advantage.