"ClassicDirect is Standard & Poor's primary insurance ratings, research, and data product," said David Keys, product manager of ClassicDirect. "With this latest version, subscribers will have a range of new functionality that greatly enhances their ability to search and interrogate information on approximately 13,000 insurance companies worldwide."
The new version will provide the following enhancements:
- Navigation. A new rollover menu bar to navigate between a company's pages.
- Company analysis. Will default to related analysis to recognize the increase in group-related research.
- Searches and queries. Will return 500 company results per page.
- Tool panel. Company-page functionality will be collected in a single, easy-to-use section. Financials will have flexible scaling and decimal place options.
- Excel export. Will provide formatted exporting of company pages.
Existing saved portfolios and queries will not be affected by the new release. An optional, detailed financials module will also be available, providing fully detailed financials of up to 2,000 data items per company for 3,300 international companies. These are the raw numbers taken from annual reports, previously only available in the EuroThesys CD-ROM product. ClassicDirect will also include 1,500 new companies, and the data are supported by a powerful Report Writer tool, meaning it can easily be exported into Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.