LONDON -- 27 February 2006 -- Thomson Financial, an operating unit of The Thomson Corporation (TSX: TOC, NYSE: TOC), and leading provider of information and technology solutions to the worldwide financial community, today announced that SNS Bank and Seymour Pierce have implemented Thomson Markets in Europe.
Thomson Markets is Thomson Financial’s new web-based solution targeted at the off-trading floor community in Europe. It provides access to global real-time market data and news with zero software install and ultra-low bandwidth requirements. It offers users rich content and flexibility, whilst recognising the need for simplicity of information mining. The solution includes real-time and delayed stock quotes, news, fundamentals, estimates, statistics and charting information from Thomson Financial’s industry-renowned sources such as Datastream, Worldscope and IBES. It also offers full workspace building capabilities and interface customisation for individual users. As a completely portable solution, it can be delivered via a familiar Windows browser and is accessible wherever there is an Internet connection.
SNS Bank, one of the largest investment banking and securities firms in the Netherlands, selected Thomson Markets following a competitive pitch for 35 users in the Netherlands, across multiple disciplines including the order desk, asset management for individuals and call centre.
Annemarie van Zuijlen, Project Manager, SNS Bank commented: “Thomson Markets offers our users a combination of market leading content and easy-to-use functionality but, it is also backed by a first-class service infrastructure which is equally important for SNS Bank. Throughout the trial period Thomson Financial’s proactive approach, combined with responding to queries and questions quickly and efficiently, gave SNS Bank full confidence. This has helped build a relationship which created a solid base for a long-term partnership.”
Seymour Pierce, a leading provider of corporate broking and corporate finance to smaller quoted companies, has signed a contract for 25 users in London, across a number of departments including corporate finance and private banking, displacing the incumbent provider.
Robert Jarvis, Operations Manager, Seymour Piece said: “We are pleased to be working with Thomson Financial. By working with our users, they have provided a completely portable, customizable solution that meets their workflow needs, enabling us to consolidate and integrate our content requirements at a lower total cost of ownership.”
David Bilbé, European Commercial Director, Thomson Financial commented: “Across Europe, client reaction to the launch of Thomson Markets has been extremely positive. We are very encouraged by the feedback that we have received on both on the product itself and the service support that we provide. This demonstrates how important all aspects of product delivery are to the buying decision and with Thomson Markets we believe that we have a winning combination.”
Thomson Markets contains the following content and rich functionality:
• Real-time or delayed data for global equities, derivatives, fixed income, foreign exchange, money markets, commodities and indices
• Real-time and archived financial news – major regulatory and disclosure services plus international and local language wires, including Dow Jones FinWire
• Pricing and charts within a database of over 75,000 funds
• Five years of company accounts summary, broker earnings estimates on over 80,000 instruments and company fundamentals including key ratio, earnings and dividend data
• Contended access to Level 2 market data across Europe
• Ten years of charting history and a variety of technical studies
• Full workspace building capabilities and interface customisation
• Data export to Microsoft Excel
• Price and News alerts via email
• Available in a variety of local language interfaces, including French and German