London -- 19 July, 2004 - Thomson Financial, an operating unit of The Thomson Corporation (NYSE: TOC; TSX: TOC) and leading provider of information and technology solutions to the worldwide financial community, today announced that it has deployed Thomson ONE Analytics at Martin Currie, the independent, Edinburgh-based investment management company with around £8bn of assets under management.
Thomson Financial won the two-year contract in competitive pitch, which involves the deployment of Thomson ONE Analytics on over 40 users’ desktops.
Steven Forsyth, Investment systems manager at Martin Currie, commented: “We are pleased to have extended our long standing relationship with Thomson Financial with the deployment of Thomson ONE Analytics. We have provided our fund managers and analysts with the most appropriate solution to help streamline and enhance their investment research and analytical workflow.”
Thomson ONE Analytics is the real-time, integrated analytical workflow solution for institutional investors, offering world-class content – in context – combined with powerful analytical tools and intelligent navigation. Thomson ONE Analytics enables clients to monitor markets, portfolios and securities; identify and analyze investment opportunities; and communicate their findings. Thomson ONE Analytics also offers an Excel add-in that provides dynamic access to the integrated content directly in a MicrosoftÒ Excel environment, enabling clients to quickly and easily build models and analyze data.
"We are pleased to expand our long standing partnerships with Martin Currie," said David Bilbe, European Commercial Director, Thomson Financial. “As a leading specialist asset management firm, we needed to deliver a robust and comprehensive global workflow solution. Thomson ONE Analytics provides an unrivalled solution for helping clients develop and execute superior investment strategies."
Thomson ONE Analytics provides Martin Currie with integrated access to the following:
Real-Time Research Documents, Corporate Information, Analyst/Broker Profiles
· Thomson First Call real-time global analyst morning notes
· Thomson First Call real-time, global equity and fixed income broker-sourced research reports
· SEC filings from Disclosure
· Detailed profile information on contributing brokers and analysts, including key metrics, coverage universe and historical accuracy
· Real-time corporate news releases
· Thomson Financial’s proprietary market research
Analyst and In-House Forecast Estimates
· Thomson First Call global analyst forecast estimates—consensus and detail, featuring more than 20 forecast measures including EPS, Revenue, Cash Flow, EBITDA, EBG, Price Targets and more
· I/B/E/S global aggregated forecast data at the country, sector and industry levels
· Users’ in-house forecasts to compare to the sell-side view
Company, Market and Holdings Data
· Thomson Datastream macroeconomic and monetary indicator charts
· Thomson Datastream historical price charts
· Equity pricing from Thomson Financial
· Global institutional holdings data from Thomson Financial
· Market indices data
Thomson ONE Analytics is a component of Thomson ONE, a flexible, open application framework that allows for the easy integration of content and tools from Thomson Financial, third parties and clients’ own proprietary systems. Thomson ONE has the ability to deliver tailored integration, without the high cost of ownership and unwanted features. It is both an architecture and new service configurable to the specific needs of corporate finance, institutional, brokerage and fixed income market professionals. Each component within the solution suite is tailored to a different audience: Thomson ONE Analytics and Thomson ONE Portfolio are aimed at the institutional investment market, Thomson ONE Equity is aimed at the institutional equities market and Thomson ONE Banker is aimed at the investment banking market. Thomson Financial will launch Thomson ONE Yield for fixed income users and investor relations product suites in Europe later this year and in early 2005.